Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Form Authentication Is Not Working

Form Authentication Is Not Working in IE 8. I am working on one web based project where I started with user management and struggled to make Form Authentication work... :( without testing it on other browsers. I had following settings in web.config...

      
    

After struggling for the day on "Form Authentication Is Not Working" and to Make it work... I tested it in Firefox and Google Crome and it did work very well :(, without any error. What I realized is, there is some Issue with IE 8 and Cookies we are using for Form authentication, so I made following change in Web.Config Setting.

      
    

Which in turn changed URL for IE 8 by adding some encoded information as a part of URL (going cookie-less), and in other browsers it allowed cookies and URL was without any Encoding added i.e. it was using Cookies. I hope this piece of Information will be Useful.
Submit this story to DotNetKicks

0 comments: